Families Change Teen Guide to Separation & Divorce

You are here

Help Lines

Here are some numbers you can call if you need some help.

Call the Kids Help Phone, at 1-800-668-6868, free from anywhere in Canada. You can also visit the Kids Help Phone web site.

In Alberta, you can ask for legal information from the Children’s Legal and Educational Resource Centre by calling 403-207-9029 or visiting their website at www.youthlaw.ca.

In Calgary, you can call Connecteen at 403-264-TEEN (8336) or visit their website at http://calgaryconnecteen.com. Connecteen also offers services by chat or text.

If you’re worried about the safety of yourself or someone else in your home, call the Family Violence Info Line at 310-1818 (no area code needed) or the Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-387-5437

Q & A

I really feel like I need some help. Who should I ask?

There are lots of people around you who can help. Tell your parents, teacher, school counsellor, family doctor or another adult you trust.

If you aren't getting the help you think you need, keep asking until you get it.